We Know that Choosing a Service Dog is a Big Decision!
Let our professional staff of trainers guide you through the process! Our programs are affordable and customized to fit your specific needs.
We Offer a Variety of Service Dog Training Programs designed with you in mind and offer benefits unlike any other
At Highland Canine Training, we provide reliable and affordable autism assistance dogs and service dogs. We know that a service dog is a major investment of time and valuable resources, and we understand and respect the sacrifices that many families make in order to bring a service dog home. We do our best to provide the best quality product and value to meet your needs. The following are just a few ways our product stands out above the rest.
- Highland Canine Training offers personalized service; you are a part of the training process from beginning to end. You are welcome and encouraged to visit our training facilities as often as you would like.
- The price of the autism assistance dog or service dog includes the initial set of customized equipment including leashes, a service vest or harness, tethering equipment, trailing equipment, and much more.
- We have no breed restrictions. If there is a certain breed of dog you want trained as your autism service dog or service dog companion, we will do our best to test and select a dog that will be suitable to fit your unique circumstances. We have successfully trained rescue dogs, mixed breeds, purebred dogs, large dogs, and small dogs as service dogs. We can train your dog, our dog, or a rescue dog for service work, provided they have the right drive, temperament, and are suitable for service work.
- We provide a one-year health guarantee on dogs we select and train. The dog is delivered with at least a one-month supply of any medications or preventatives it will need. This gives you an opportunity to get your feet under you without worrying about getting to the veterinarian immediately.
- Our waiting list is shorter than most. It is currently 18-24 months from the time your application is accepted until the time we schedule the delivery of your autism assistance dog or service dog.
- At the end of training, the dog belongs to you. We do not retain ownership rights. However, if for some reason something does not work out quite right, we will do our best to make it right, whether that means additional training, or going so far as replacing the dog. We work hard to guarantee your service dog experience will be successful.
- There are no training fees associated with delivery or follow-up training. Travel, lodging, and meals for our training team are the only out-of-pocket expenses your family will be responsible for. Your service dog’s training is guaranteed for life. Training during the initial delivery and follow-up training is conducted in the comfort of your home; after all, that is where the dog will be expected to work.
- You are not required to fundraise for this or any other organization to pay for your autism assistance dog or service dog. However, for families who are looking for ways to raise money to help pay for the cost of training a service dog, we are happy to provide a list of resources which other families have found helpful.
- We work with schools, doctors, therapists, caregivers, and extended family members to help educate those in your community about your service dog.
- Our trainers and staff have experience training Search and Rescue dogs, Police K9, Military Working Dogs, as well as service dogs. There’s not much we haven’t seen or experienced. Many of our autism assistance dogs and service dogs are trained in trailing; we rely heavily on our search and rescue and police experience to ensure the dog is going to perform when it matters most.
- We offer free phone and email consultations for as long as you own the dog.
- We have no age restrictions. If a dog is a suitable option; we will do our best to train it to fit the needs of the individual. Currently, our youngest client was 3½, while our oldest was 61 at the time of delivery.
- We are confident in our ability to train high-quality, dependable canine companions; in fact, we operate a school for dog trainers to teach others what we know about training service dogs!
If you have any questions about obtaining an autism assistance dog or service dog or would like to speak to someone about your specific circumstances, please feel free to contact us.